Designing and implementing an Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) to improve the quality of antibiotic prescribing and combat antimicrobial resistance is a major goal for all hospitals and care centers.
But how should you get started in your healthcare facility ?
This educational booklet provided by bioMérieux offers practical guidance on how to develop and implement an ASP in eight key steps, including:
- Setting your ASP vision and goals
- Getting support and funding from management
- Identifying effective interventions in your setting
- Providing education and training
- Defining how to measure progress and success
- Communicating effectively to your key stakeholders
Created by bioMérieux in collaboration with an internationally recognized stewardship expert, this booklet is intended to inform, encourage and support Infection Preventionists wishing to pursue antimicrobial stewardship initiatives at their facilities.
Sponsored by Biomérieux
To download the PDF of the ‘Implementing an Antimicrobial Stewardship Program: A Practical Guide’ educational booklet, please provide us with your contact information.